Thursday, December 23, 2010

Weather and Itinerary Changes

What is going on with the weather? It is going to be cold the entire trip! It seems the further south you go the unusually colder it becomes. For example on Saturday the first of January the forecast for Jacksonville, FL is calling for a balmy 61F and rain! At Eastover, SC on Tuesday the forecast is calling for a high of 46F! Alas. And to top it off, it looks like I may be canoeing the Dismal Swamp on Sunday IN THE SNOW!

Don't know if I mentioned it, but I rather don't like itineraries ... tend to detour on a whim and soon enough the itinerary is irrelevant. So, I think on Day 3 (Tuesday) I will head inland from Wilmington, North Carolina to the Congaree National Park, then down to the Francis Beidler Forest Audubon center and then, finally, on to Charleston. This will be about 225 miles and 5 to 6 hours of driving. But who knows what I will do when the time comes!

For more info on these areas see:


Congaree National Park, SC
33.916013,-80.787964

Francis Beidler Forest Audubon Center

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool.