Thursday, December 30, 2010

At Years End ... Finally, Okefenokee!

The Plan for Friday 31 December: I chose to stay near the coast so I could relax on the beach and spend the first moments of the new year in peace -- no alcohol, no crowds; just stars, sea and silence.

However, this has left me with an hour and a half commute to the Okefenokee Swamp. I will leave early tomorrow morning and head for the East Entrance to the National Wildlife Refuge. Here I can plan my two days in the swamp and explore what there is to see at this entrance. While I am sure the offices and such will be closed on the first of January, I am hopeful that access to the refuge by canoe, especially, will remain open. We will see.

So, I'm off for a night walk on the beach. Too bad it is not a full moon as there is little more peaceful than a moonlit beach. (Except, perhaps, a moonlit, snow-covered field.)

A demain.

No comments: