Sunday, December 26, 2010

Twas the day after Christmas ...

Suffolk, VA: Snow. I wish I were a kid again, or had young children of my own -- I might then be happier about being stuck in a motel with creepy hosts and 8" of snow outside. The winter wetlands tour ain't goin' nowhere today. That is not to say I didn't try. I pulled out this morning, made it about 1 mile, decided this was just too insane and returned to the motel. It does not look like I am going to get back to the Dismal Swamp. Too bad ... the waterfowl on Lake Drummond should be spectacular. I must return here soon. If anyone is following this ... well ... you can look forward to a peanut and cotton post sometime today!

Appologies to anyone following through the Elms Environmental Education Center website -- I promise, eventually we will encounter the beauty and mystery of the natural world; something other than highways and creepy motels.

No comments: